Enrollment Links

Common Questions and Answers about Enrollment

Where are CAPS schools?

Click here to find out where CAPS schools are located.

How much does it cost to attend CAPS?

Absolutely nothing! We are a tuition-free, public charter school.

How do I apply to enroll my child?

To ensure eligibility, apply online during the open application period. If more applications are received than seats available, seats will be allocated using a lottery.

Are siblings given priority?

If your child has a sibling who is already enrolled at CAPS, please indicate it on your application so that we can factor it into the enrollment process.

What paperwork is needed to enroll

We will need the documents below upon acceptance:

  • Proof of residency: property deed, mortgage statement, lease, current utility bill, notarized statement from the landlord which must be accompanied by another proof of residency. Documentation requirement is dependent on resident district criteria.
  • Proof of guardianship: Either original birth certificate with raised seal (hospital birth certificate is not acceptable) or copy of section of court decree awarding custody. (Only one is needed.)
  • Proof of enrollment in local school district: child’s report card and letter from district indicating you have registered.
  • Proof of immunization: up-to-date immunization record from school or doctor.
  • Proof of physical exam: up-to-date physical examination from doctor

If you still have questions, please don’t be afraid to contact us.